Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's a WRAP





My dear friend Sister Helene asked if I would make a shawl.  A shawl, preferably triangle in shape.  I was only too happy to comply, for a couple of reasons.  Number one, it is what I do.  And secondly, because I simply adore her.  My friend happens to be a nun and the head of the religious education department at my parish.  In fact, when she approached me, a little over seven years ago, and asked if I would teach a CCD class, I had no choice.  For a couple of reasons.  One, because I adore her, and well secondly, it was an opportunity to be involved with my parish in a meaningful way.  In any case, now that there is a prayer shawl ministry, it is kind of a no brainer that I would, because I could contribute in this way.  In my stash, there were 5 skeins of the Berroco's Comfort Chunky that I used to crochet this shawl, which is a house pattern of
Stitch Therapy called the Spider Shawl.  How apropos that that the yarn I used has the word “comfort” in its description. It is my hope that it will offer hours of cozy comfort to the recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts