Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Two-timer Twice



Hooray!  Just finished these gloves for my nephew Chris.  The tingly sensation continues, as I successfully completed another project using the Magic Loop technique, and made a beautiful pair of gloves.  Fortunately I like my nephew enough to hand over these hand crafted beauties, which he will probably lose in a matter of seconds.  This confirms that I can not only Magic Loop, but that the process no longer freaks me out.  The story of these gloves is simply a labor of love.  It would have to be.  Gloves are laborious.  The finishing tedious.  But the nice thing about making gloves, or these gloves rather, is get a skein of yarn with good yardage, and you are good to go.  I got this pattern off a website for Vintage Knit pattern site.  Am feeling good about my new skill set of not only Magic Looping, two at a time, but being able to translate the pattern (usually written for dpn use, one at a time.)  The pattern itself was confusing, and for the most part, I don't consider myself particularly skilled at reversing patterns,  however, this was yet another opportunity to hone a useful skill set.  Making the pair at the same time proved useful in reversing this pattern, because I had access to both gloves, and the visual was invaluable. Made the gloves using alpaca, which feels great, and should prove to be nice and warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts